Senior consultant specialist/IT Infrastructure Delivery : 0000DLWW Description Domain Expertise and Experience
Seasoned Full Stack Engineer working in Technology domains and enterprise environment.
Role Specific Expertise and Experience ( Technical / Business / Tool )
1. Infrastructure automation and Engineering skills
2. Technically sound in DevOps technologies and working experience in Agile methodology.
3. Experience of working in a large enterprise of our scale and complexity
General Knowledge & Experience (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Full stack infrastructure engineer, expert on mission critical on-premise and external hosted Container Management Platforms such as Kubernetes, Openshift and others.
- Fluent on Container Image Registry, Container Runtime (Docker, CRI-O), Network (CNI) and Storage (CSI) plugins and policies
- Deep technical expertise on Container Management tools and frameworks including Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with CI/CD e.g. Jenkins
- Strong working experience in infrastructure automation through ‘Infrastructure as a Code’
- Strong experience with endpoint automation tools such as Puppet Enterprise
- Strong experience with common scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python
- Strong working experience in DevOps tools e.g. GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins
- Experience with RESTful API and/or Mule technology a plus
- Strong Automation/Orchestration experience with Ansible, HPSA
- Good understanding in Database, Platform, Networking, Middleware domain and products.
- Strong knowledge and awareness with Security aspects, compliance, vulnerability
- Good knowledge on external Cloud Provider (e.g. AWS, Google, IBM)
- Experience working within large-scale enterprise IT environment
- Experience working with Agile working practices and tooling
- Experience working within a DevOps operating model
- Strong Engineering background preferred and/or experience to equivalent level
- Experience working in automation and engineering domain
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Strong networking and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills across organisation levels
- Be able to work in a dynamic, global, 24 x 7 environment
- Ability to deliver fully automation solutions and see projects to completion
- Strong problem solving and analytical skill.
- Innovative and transforming lengthy processes
Additional skills (optional)
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Awareness of newer or emerging platforms and concepts
- Strong leadership skill
A. Secondary School B. University (BA) or (BS) C. Post Graduate (Masters)
A. Two years or less B. Two to five years C. Five to ten years D. Over ten years
Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA ) Levels
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities
• Write development code, understand a DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline, and build automated test scripts (for infrastructure products and upgrades), and build automation interfaces between systems
• Design, develop and engineer global scale Container Management solutions, provide technical guidance and Level 3 support
• Develop automation capabilites to reduce infrastructure complexity and manual effort
• Collaborate and communicate with business stakeholders and other DevOps teams
• Ensuring deliverables as per standards and quality in agreed schedule, review & documentation of processes, tasks as applicable.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
Impact on the Business / Function
· Regular qualification and testing of software/code for security and big fix, new features and functionality
Code to be certified and released within given timeframe.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Investigation and implementation of new technologies to deliver solutions with optimal TCO for the organisation whilst meeting core business requirements
· Collaborate & communicate with stakeholders
· Production of high-quality supporting documentation for all engineered solutions for operational consumption
All new engineering releases to be fully agreed by all stakeholders at scope, requirements, and pilot phases.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Engineering support for Middleware Operations teams for normal operation, migration and infrastructure transformation project
· PoC engineering activity for new software/tool
· Working collaboratively with peers across domains / disciplines and with vendors / partners to deliver high quality solutions
· Working with an Agile mentality, rapid delivery iterated with features and components through the solution development lifecycle
Demonstrate as team player as automation specialist.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Key focus on development of automation and orchestration tooling to reduce manual interaction at every opportunity
Demonstrate a reduction in manual operational processes and increased operational efficiency.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
Must keep pace with technology and industry development.
Must be able to engage effectively with multiple stakeholders to drive appropriate outcomes.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
The role is working as part of a dispersed global team. Good team collaboration and use of communication tools is expected (email, IM, video/audio calls, webex).
The team is adopting an agile development approach with daily standups and task management. Individuals are expected to be self-sufficient and would be empowered to do so but also work as part of a team.
Management & Leadership of Regulatory, Compliance & Operational Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimising relations with regulators
: Asia Pacific-India-Maharashtra-Pune
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 07-Nov-2019, 05:47:39 Unposting Date
: 07-Dec-2019, 23:59:00
Are you a fully qualified Maths teacher with at least 3 years of experience teaching in a school Would you like to live and work in Dubai Abu Dhabi or one of...
From Worldteachers Recruitment Limited - Madhya Pradesh
Published 19 days ago
DESCRIPTION Job Profile: Translation Associate Retail Business Services (RBS) Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without...
From Amazon - Karnataka
Published 19 days ago
Role Summary The DIRECTOR will be responsible for all communication to the CIS society and the general public the DIRECTOR will represent CIS to the broader...
From Dps International Gurgaon - West Bengal
Published 19 days ago
Description Client Processing - S4Applies expertise and judgement in providing quality, and occasionally complex client service and support to internal and...
From Bny Mellon - Tamil Nadu
Published 19 days ago