NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
1. Build data infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources in batch and real time using spark streaming , Java programming in big data environment (Azure cloud / On premises Hadoop Infrastructure)
2. Create and maintain optimal data pipeline, Data repositories, assemble large & complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
3. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing data architecture for greater scalability, etc.
4. Build and propose analytical models that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
5. Work with stakeholders including the Product Owners, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
6. Work with data architecture, data governance and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
1. Computer Engineer or master’s in computer science with 6+ years of experience.
2. Extensive experience working in Java or object oriented programming.
3. Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity
with a variety of databases.
4. Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
5. Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
6. Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
7. Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
8. Working experience in agile methodology.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.